Monday, October 31, 2022

Dengue Outbreak in Nepal; WHO Updates

Outbreak at a glance

Dengue is endemic in Nepal. The country is experiencing a surge in cases that started from the week commencing 8 August to 26 August. Between January to 28 September 2022, a total of 28 109 confirmed and suspected dengue cases and 38 confirmed deaths due to dengue have been recorded, affecting all seven provinces. The causative serotype(s) is unknown. This represents the largest dengue outbreak in Nepal with regard to the cumulative number of cases reported nationwide per year.  

Description of the outbreak

Between January and 28 September 2022, a total of 28 109 suspected and confirmed cases of dengue fever including 38 confirmed deaths (overall CFR 0.13%) have been reported from all seven provinces of Nepal, affecting all 77 districts in Nepal (Figure 1). Bagmati province which is the second-most populous province has reported the highest number of cases (78.2%) and deaths (68.4%).

According to the Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (EDCD) of the Ministry of Health and Population, the highest number of new cases in 2022 have been reported in the districts of Kathmandu (n=9528; 33.8%), Lalitpur (n=6548; 23.2%), and Makwanpur (n=2776, 9.8%).

Data on demographics was available for 23% of cases (n= 6734) of which 76% (5175/6734) were aged 15-59 years old, and 54% were males (n=3637). As of 28 September, 38 deaths have been verified, of which males and cases aged 15 – 59 years old each accounted for 55% (n=21) of reported deaths. Cases aged over 60 years old accounted for 39% (n=15) of reported deaths.

Dengue cases have increased since July coinciding with the rainy season with majority of the cases reported during September (83.6%; n=23 514).

 

Figure 1.  Number of Dengue cases reported from districts of Nepal from 1 January- 28 September 2022.

 

 

Figure 2.   Number of dengue cases reported by months in Nepal from 1 January to 28 September 2022


Source: https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease-outbreak-news/item/2022-DON412#:~:text=Dengue%20is%20endemic%20in%20Nepal,recorded%2C%20affecting%20all%20seven%20provinces.

2 comments:

James Raymond said...

I want to share an amazing testimony of how Dr. Kham was able to cure me totally from Herpes Simplex Virus, I saw Dr. Kham Information online that he normally cure and treat disease and infirmities with his Herbal Medicine, I never really believed the people who where recommending him though I saw on blog about 5 people where also testifying on how they were cured by Dr. Kham, I decided to give a try and I hoped to myself that something good was going to come out from it, I told Dr Kham about my HERPES VIRUS and he told me he was going to send me some herbal medicine he requested for some few personal information from me and he said he was going to make use of it in order to prepare the medicine, After 2 days in communication with Dr. Kham he prepared the Herbal Medicine and sent it to me, I used this medicine for approximately 3 weeks and today I am HERPES Free I am totally cured from HERPES, Friends this is so true and I urge you to try out, you can reach Dr. Kham at dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com call him on WhatsApp +2348159922297. Thank you Dr. Kham.  

Melisa Payne said...

NATURAL CURE FOR HSV1&2. It's so unbelievable how wonderful herbs can be. when I first saw a post someone shared about a herbal cure for HSV1&2, I was like could this be real or some kind of joke but due to my frustration and needed to be cured I took the risk of contacting the herbal doctor on email and he gave me reasons to believe he is a real herbalist so I followed all his instructions and he sent me the herbs through UPS and gave me prescription which i rightfully followed. Now all my test results shows am HSV1&2 Negative after taking the herbs and i have done test on two several occasion in different hospitals which i needed to be sure before posting this and the results are all Negative and the symptoms of HSV is completely out of my body and my doctor confirm this with me as well. Dr Osato herbs is the solution to HSV1&2 and other viruses. You can contact Dr Osato on email: osatoherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347051705853 to get the herbs from him. I will continue sharing this on every platform for people to see and also get cured from HSV1&2, HPV and HIV with Dr Osato herbs. Dr Osato website is osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com

Bacteria in Photos

Bacteria in Photos