Sunday, January 12, 2020

Bacterial Profile and Their Antibiogram Isolated from Cell Phones


Bikrant Gumanju1, Roshna Shrestha1, Poonam Lakhemaru1, Rakysa Upadhyaya1, Sushila Shrestha1, Dinesh Dhakal1, Upendra Thapa Shrestha2*
1Department of Microbiology, Sainik Awasiya Mahavidhyalaya, Sallaghari, Bhaktapur
2Central Department of Microbiology, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathamandu

*Corresponding author: Upendra Thapa Shrestha, Assistant Professor, Central Department of
Microbiology, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, E-mail: upendrats@gmail.com

ABSTRACT
Objectives: The present study aimed to identify bacteria profile of cell phones used by different people from different profession of Bhaktapur and to access their antimicrobial resistance.
Methods: Forty-nine mobile swab samples were collected from 7 different profession category (7 samples each from student, butcher, cook, panipuri vendor, health workers, and dairy employee). Samples were cultured and processed by standard Microbiological procedures. All the isolates were further subjected to antibiotic susceptibility testing using modified Kirby Bauer disc diffusion method as describe in CLSI guidelines. The rate of multiple drug resistant (MDR) bacteria was also determined.
Results: Out of 49 sample, Bacillus spp (20.4%) was the most predominant isolate, followed by
Staphylococcus aureus (10.6%) and Pseudomonas spp (10.6%). Higher variety of bacterial isolates was found in the cell phones swabs from butcher followed by cook, farmer and panipuri vendor group. The data from the questionnaire showed that handkerchief or tissue paper were mostly used by respondents to clean their mobile. All Gram-positive and Gram-negative isolates were resistance to Cefoxitin (100%) except Micrococcus spp and Neisseria spp. Gram positive (18.2%) and Gram-negative (36.9%) isolates were identified as MDR. All S. aureus and coagulase negative staphylococci were methicillin resistant
Conclusion: The cell phones of people from different profession were found to possess many different bacterial pathogens including multi drug resistant strains which could be the possible pathogens for food borne infections and opportunistic infections.
Key words: Cell phones, Antimicrobial susceptibility test, MDR, Standard microbiological procedure
Date of Submission: October 3, 2019            
Date of Acceptance: November 27, 2019
Published Online: December, 2019               
DOI: https://doi.org/10.3126/tujm.v6i0.26591

Citation: Gumanju et al. 2019, Bacterial Profile and Their Antibiogram Isolated from Cell Phones TUJM 6(1): 96-102

5 comments:

GARRY HELEE said...

Hello everybody, thanks to Dr LOSA the spell caster i am from USA, i don't just Know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is
a cure for HIV, my son have been suffering from HIV since last
three years but today i am happy that he is cure from it with
the herbal medicine of Dr DR LOSA the great healer,i was
browsing the INTERNET searching for help when i came across a
testimony shared by someone on how Dr LOSA cure his herpes
i was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all Dr
LOSA brought a smile to my son face with his herbal
medicine. i am so much happy today that we have someone like
this great healer out there, so my people out there kindly
contact this great healer on his email address: (dr.losaherbahome@gmail
.com) please sir keep your good work cause there are people
out there who is in need of your healing medicine.once more
email him now: (dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com) you can call him OR WHATSSAPP HIM
+2349056464736
DOCTOR ONUWA CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
1. HIV/AIDS
2. HERPES
3. CANCER
4. ALS
5. Hepatitis
6 Diabetes
7 LOVE SPELL
8 IF YOU NEED YOUR EX LOVER BACK TO LOVE YOU AGAIN.

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's really the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs lighter than us.

(By the way, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING to "how" they are eating.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

CLICK on this link to reveal if this short questionnaire can help you find out your real weight loss possibility

Matthew Scarlett said...

God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn’t satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2347052898482) cancer cure
diabetes cure
ringing ear
herpes cure
warts cure
HPV cure
HIV cure
get your ex back
pregnancy herbal medicine
Hepatitis

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

Sharon Wayne said...

I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

Bacteria in Photos

Bacteria in Photos